* Most popular quadrate shape
* Leak proof and puncture resistant
* Wide and clear opening for easy disposal
* Counterbalanced door for hand-free disposal
* Ergonomically-designed handle
* Temporary closure & definite closure
* Practical rotating/sliding temporary lid
* Secure perimeter lock for safe usage and transportation
* Easy mainpulation
* Comprehensive label details
* Safe to human health and environment
Comprehensive Products Range
Totaling hundreds of models of sharps containers
More than 20 types of new designs every year
We have stocks of normal products. Minimium deliery time is 3 days.
High Performance & Low Cost
Let you be very satisfied with the products.
Response within 24 hours for all questions.
Medical sharps bin:
Sharp tools, equipment, and apparatus have always remained an essential part of medical diagnostics and cures. The sharps equipment such as scissors, blades, needles, syringes, and lancets are usually used to cut or puncture the skin for medical purposes such as the removal of stones, injecting the drug into the body, and draining out body fluids, etc. Moreover, glass containers are also widely used in laboratories for the collection and storage of patient’s samples I.e., blood, plasma, urine or other fluids. If these glass vials may crack or break while handling also causes serious injuries. The used sharps are categorized under biomedical sharps waste which is widely produced at hospitals, operation theaters, inpatient wards, blood collection centers, research labs, clinical or diagnostic laboratories and dispensaries, etc., on daily basis. It is recommended to dispose of biomedical sharps in specific medical sharps Bins or containers to protect the handler from the risk of injuries. Dailymag especially manufactures such medical sharps bins of very high quality. Our medical sharps bins are wide and tall with maximum possible capacity for the containment of sharps. Dailymag medical sharps bins are designed intact and simple. Dailymag sharps bins also contain a fixed lid with a special opening through which sharps are easily put into the bin. Our medical sharps bins are hard and reliable enough to make the containers leakage proof and puncture resistant. Dailymag medical sharps bins are available for our customers in very reasonable and customer-friendly rates
Dailymag Medical sharps bin features:
Dailymag manufactures several different containers for the containment of biomedical sharps waste. We maintain our quality best to make our product safe to use. There are following some important features of our medical sharps bins:
- Dailymag medical sharps bins are wide and simple to use.
- The plastic material which is used for their formation is of high grade.
- Dailymag products are approved eco-friendly products which do not produce poisonous gases while their burning during the incineration process.
- Dailymag medical sharps bins are available in different capacities I.e., from 5L to 30L.
- The larger medical sharps bins also have wheels underneath their bottoms to facilitate their movement during transport.
- Our containers are stable and contain firm handles on their top.
- The internal as well as external corners of the bins are kept curved to prevent any injury or to reduce the accumulation of waste in them.
- Dailymag follows the OSHA guidelines and make color coded medical sharps bins in color.
- We ensure the printing of biohazard symbols and danger indicative words, in the native language, on the containers.
Importance of medical sharps Bins:
Medical sharps bins are made to contain the biomedical sharps waste. Any site where biomedical sharps are used is a source of biomedical sharps waste production. Any sharps when once get penetrated into the skin of the patient or get in contact with the patient's samples become infectious. Hence, biomedical sharps are notorious not only for their cutting property but also for their high potential to act as an infectious agents. Various types of needles i.e., suture needles, syringes, hypodermic needles etc are daily being used by physicians and nurses. Any accidental injurious encounter with these needles may result in needle-stick injuries. The first case of needle-stick injury was reported in 1984 resulting in the occurrence of AIDS in the affected person. Even with the advancement in technology, needles are still used in the medical sector. So, there is always a risk of sharp-based injuries. To protect against such unwanted events, OSHA has passed some basic guidelines which are recommended to be followed by every person who deals with medical sharps. The most at-risk medical occupational group is physicians. They can have needle-stick injuries while dealing with the patients.
According to the Centre of Disease Control, more than 35% of the total needle stick injuries occur while the collection of biomedical waste and almost more than one thousand cases occur daily. This occurs when the sharps waste is not segregated properly. Some careless handlers may dispose of the sharps waste in the general waste. It poses serious injuries to the waste collection staff. Moreover, most of them are not aware of the actual harm, these sharps can pose to them. Therefore, OSHA recommends the proper training of biomedical waste management staff along with their free immunization and medical treatment. Hence, biomedical sharps waste must be segregated properly immediately at the time of its production.
Precautions while handling sharps:
Sharps can cause severe injuries and infections such as Hepatitis B, AIDS, and hepatitis C infections. Therefore, certain precautions should be practiced while handling the sharps:
- Sharps should always be dealt with by covered hands (gloves) and in the proper light.
- The broken glass pieces of container or vial should not be collected by hand.
- Syringes should not be recapped. Many needle stick injuries occur while recapping the syringes.
- The person who produced sharps waste must dispose it of by his own I.e., sharps should not be passed from one person to another.
- Broken or cracked vials or glass slides should never be used.
The function of medical sharps Bins:
Medical sharps bins are containers that are manufactured of hard and intact material to contain the sharps while producing no leakage and spillage. The Medical sharps bins also contain fixed hinged lids that keep the containers cover most of the time. The lid usually contains a small opening as well through which sharps are thrown into the container. This small opening also prevents the out throw of sharps from the container. These medical sharps bins when filled to a certain limit, are taken to specific infectious material collection sites where these bins are emptied and cleaned for their reuse. Some basic points should be kept in mind while using a medical sharps bin:
- The medical sharps bin should be filled up to 3/4 of its total capacity, not more than that.
- Lid of the bin should always be kept closed
- Sharps are placed in a downward direction in the container.